Pest Control - Its use in Hospitality Businesses (Hotels, Resorts, Motels, Inns etc.,) and life threatening effects around the world.
E-Mail Us

YouTube Channel of Penthouse Hotel
Like Penthouse Hotel on Facebook
Follow Penthouse Hotel on Twitter

Pest Control - The life threatening effects - Why Green is best.

(Discretion Required!) Green is Best ... Your Safety Comes First and You are safer, at The Penthouse.

" It should be remembered, that death apart, which is that, that grabs the headlines ... the long term effect of this practice can only be imagined regarding to one's health in the future, not withstanding that of future generations yet unborn. ( Personally ! ... and off the record; .. I would & do feel safer if I were to find 'Some-sign-of Life' during my various travels around Asia ! ... But do understand that this is purely subjective ). "

Below is only one (edited) original account of many, highlighting the life threatening effects caused by the use of pesticides. Factual extracts from some news sites.

Pesticide Likely Killed Belanger Sisters In Thailand In 2012.

Pesticide Likely Killed Belanger Sisters In Thailand In 2012.

Published by Stickboy BKK on March 3rd, 2015

A Canadian coroner has concluded the Belanger sisters found dead in their Phi Phi island hotel room in 2012 were probably intoxicated by phosphine, a strong pesticide.
In a report released on Monday, Dr Renee Roussel said phosphine, the gas released by aluminum phosphide, is the most likely poison to have killed 20-year-old Audrey and her 25-year-old sister Noemi.
Dr. Roussel said she was unable to formally confirm phosphine’s role because it left no traces in the remains of the sisters. Lengthy toxicology tests failed to find signs of nearly 800 possible harmful chemicals, Dr. Roussel told reporters.
The Thai autopsy initially blamed DEET as the cause of death. However, the DEET level in the sisters’ blood – 15.3 micrograms per litre – was too low to be toxic and remained consistent with its use when applied as a skin cream, Dr. Roussel said.

The investigation then looked at substances that could kill quickly but would be so volatile they wouldn’t leave traces. Dr. Roussel said this pointed at aluminum phosphide. Sold in tablets, pellets or small sachets of powder, aluminum phosphide releases a toxic gas, phosphine, when it comes into contact with moisture in the air.

In Thailand, it is illegal to use phosphine indoors, but Dr. Roussel said, “we believe it was likely used anyway”. Her report noted that the regions hotel owners struggle to control insects, especially bedbugs, in hotel rooms.

Brain-cell samples from the sisters showed signs of damage caused by an acute lack of oxygen, a symptom consistent with exposure to aluminum phosphide, the coroner said. Her report noted that, since 2009, about 20 foreign travelers have died in similar fashion in Southeast Asia.

Two women, Julie Bergheim of Norway and Jill St. Onge of the United States, died in 2009 at another hotel in Phi Phi, with symptoms similar to the Belanger sisters. The report said FBI agents consulted Canadian officials and came to similar conclusions pointing at phosphine.

The sisters were concluding a month-long trip to Asia when they checked into the Phi Phi Palms Residence on June 12, 2012. Their bodies were discovered June 15.
FOR MORE DETAILS >>> (Link opens in a new tab/window).

Deaths of Quebec women in Thailand may have been caused by pesticide.

Audrey and Noémi Bélanger died mysteriously while on holiday in 2012
By Julia Sisler, CBC News

QUEBEC: -- A highly toxic pesticide used to control bedbugs in some holiday hotels in Asia may have caused the mysterious deaths of two Quebec sisters travelling in Thailand as well as several other tourists, according to new evidence from a joint investigation by CBC’s the fifth estate and Radio-Canada’s Enquete.

Audrey and Noémi Bélanger set off on a trip through Thailand in 2012. Days after they arrived at the popular tourist destination of Phi Phi Island, a maid found the sisters dead in their hotel room. Both were covered in vomit, with their fingernails and toenails tinged blue.

Now, for the first time, a Thai official is admitting that the sisters were probably killed by pesticide.

"The most likely explanation is the acute intoxication and it is intoxication from the chemical that belong to the pesticide group," Dr. Pasakron Akarasewi, with Thailand's Ministry of Health, told the CBC/Radio-Canada investigation.

At the time, local authorities suggested several possible causes, from food poisoning to drugs. The Bélangers requested that the Quebec coroner do an autopsy on their daughters. Almost two years since the autopsy was performed, the results have not been released. They are expected to be made public in June.

The CBC/Radio-Canada investigation received a tip about what may have killed the sisters that points to a lethal pesticide called aluminum phosphide. [ read more on ThaiVisa ] (Link opens in a new tab/window).

Full story: (Link opens in a new tab/window).

-- CBCnews 2014-03-14

Pattaya's Boutique Adult Hotel Accommodation with two in-house Nightclub and Bars. Enjoy the Thai Nightlife as you stay at the Penthouse Hotel on Pattaya bech. Located short walking distance from Walking Street, Soi 6 and Soi L.K. Metro. " the FUN is what YOU make it ... "